Welcome to YoyodYoyod will be a RSS-based peer-to-peer social network. It is based on the idea that there should be no server infrastructure operated by a single company to allow your participation in a social network. Instead, you should be able to publish your contributions in a way that you control.
- Desktop-based blogging engine, generating static pages
- Server-based mode is also possible (single user and multiple user mode)
- Various input sources: own data, other posts, comments, tweets, posts from Google+ / Facebook, ...
- Follower / friend relationships
Yoyod is currently in a pre-development state. More information will be available at its home page https://www.yoyod.de/.
The easiest way to get a copy of Yoyod is to clone its Fossil repository:
fossil clone https://yoyod.de/fossil.dvcs/ yoyod.fossil
At the current stage, you must install the following packages to be able to run Yoyod:
- markupsafe (optional needed by jinja2)
- mock (for testing)
- sphinx (for generating the documentation)
- sphinxcontrib-zopeext (for generating interface documentation)
- Pygments (needed by sphinx)
- docutils (needed by sphinx)