Welcome to md-httpdmd-httpd ist a small web server that serves pages formatted using Markdown. More specifically, these Markdown files are produced using MarkDrop and are stored inside Dropbox.
Basically, I am quite happy with
Epistle MarkDrop. But one thing annoyed me: what to do with these nice Markdown files in my Dropbox folder? I could convert them manually to HTML files (I did), but that was so ... manually.
Since I want to learn a little bit about Flask, I decided to spend some hours to learn it by programming a web server that serves these files. Voila.
The easiest way to get a copy is to clone its Fossil repository: fossil clone http://implizite-informationen.de/project/md-httpd/ md-httpd.fossil.
- Unix-like OS, e.g. Linux, OSX, ... (maybe it works on Windows too, but I tested it just on OSX)
- Python 2.6 (should work with Python 2.7)
- Install the required software
- Start the program: python mdhttpd.py
- Open your browser at http://127.0.0.1:28525